Adult Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for adults to come discuss, share, and enjoy their favorite games in a stress free, like-minded, adult environment.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Ultimate Noobs Guide to Killzone 2 Online Multiplayer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wAr-_-perf3ct3D
Admin
wAr-_-perf3ct3D

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2009-02-19

The Ultimate Noobs Guide to Killzone 2 Online Multiplayer Empty
PostSubject: The Ultimate Noobs Guide to Killzone 2 Online Multiplayer   The Ultimate Noobs Guide to Killzone 2 Online Multiplayer EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 10:22 pm

NOOBS GUIDE TO KILLZONE 2 ONLINE

Let's start with the basics. You turn the game on and see the menu.

Warzone is the online game. Go there to play against other people on the internet.
Skirmish is the multiplayer game, but you play it offline against the CPU. It's useful for practice, map exploring, and when your internet goes down (mine was down 72+ hours right after I got the game YAY) The others are pretty self explanatory and you could have gone through them yourself in less time than it took me to write this.

For the purpose of this guide, we will be discussing Warzone.

First of all, you need to know about AutoSelect. It is a useful feature that is the default option in any room. It basically forces people onto teams based on numbers, thus possibly separating you from your friends. Obviously, you want to avoid this when playing with friends and if you cannot choose a faction (ISA or Helghast)upon entering the room, then you should leave and your friends should follow as soon as they see the autoselect. Yes, it is not a party system, but it's what we have.

Now you need to know about the actual rooms for the online games. You can change just about anything for the game you make online so the game best suits what you need. The main things you will need to notice is the auto balance teams option, which you want off unless you're playing alone for the day. The options are turned off when the boxes aren't completely white. You can also remove rockets, GL's, change round time, etc. through the options menu.

Now that you have made a room you will need to name it.

This is the Unnoficial Lexicon of KZ2 Room Naming:

NR = No ROckets
NGL = No Grenade Lenchers
NE = No projectile explosives ( NR & NGL )
AM = All Maps
SM = Small Maps (Radec, Tharsis, etc)
BIG = Big Maps (could also be BM but, well, ya.)
LR = Long Rounds (10+ minutes)
xR = x minute long rounds (typically 5 = x)
NAS = NO AUTOSELECT (caps for a reason)
AS = Autoselect ON
RO = Enemy Radar On
OF = Radar Off
BC = Body Count only
ASN = Assassination only
SD = Search and Destroy only
SR = Search & Retrieve only
WZ = Warzone

My Typical room should be named WZ AM LR NAS RO, so that people looking for a game could find one they like the first time. This would make things easier for everyone as it did in Socom when it first came out years ago. 11-3 No Boom anyone?

Now, with that nasty business behind us, onto the good stuff. Are you having trouble killing people? Well I can tell you that you start with a great gun in the M82. The only trick is you need to aim precisely and not hold down the trigger. Sounds easy enough, right? Do not let the games frustrate you. Warzone games typically last 15+ minutes and have an ebb and flow to them. The trick is to figure out how best to adjust to help your team and yourself. Here are my top 5 tips for you online:

1) Don't get frustrated. You will die a lot. It doesn't mean you suck or the weapons are noob weapons. Well, all the weapons are one hit almost so they're all noob weapons so you cannot use that argument. If you get pissed when people use rockets then go get your own and show them who is boss, but don't get frustrated and be a jackass. It just makes you look like a tool and ruins the community.

2) Use cover. Period. You run out in the open you will only stay alive for so long. By this I do not mean sit behind a box in your spawn the entire game, rather I mean duck behind a corner if you see an enemy but your aim isn't in a good spot to kill him quick. There you can setup a grenade, step back out with corrected aim to try and pop him, or just drop some C4 and run...lol

3) Create squads. Even if it is with random people, it will ensure you have people spawning on or near you so you will usually have some kind of backup. Obviously, it also helps conversationally.

4) Unlock your extras. You will need to do things like kill 5 people by flying turret (Air Support, Sentry Drones, whatever you wanna call them), kill 10 people by melee, etc in a round multiple times. Doing this will unlock your extras and allow you to explore the game's mechanics more and appreciate the thought that went into it. Extra hint: meleeing (punching) people also counts as pistol kills.

5) Be wary of your microphone and your personal surroundings. This game uses an open microphone system called proximity chat. Basically, it means we can hear everything in your house within about 30 feet of your microphone when you're close to us in game. Please have respect for other players when it comes to this, as nobody wants to hear a domestic dispute being called in while playing. Seriously though, you would be surprised with the things you hear. Try to mute your mic if it is offending other players and resolve the issue after the game. This will only serve to better the community.

If you have read this far, then I welcome you to not being a complete noob anymore.

One of the least explained aspects of Killzone 2 is the unlockables. You can keep track of this through your stats on PSN or also at Killzone.com and both are very useful in keeping you informed on what to do next.

Here is the Unofficial Noobs Guide to Unlocking Extras:

The first thing you will want to do is find a good pistol or melee room (remember the hint you got earlier) and get those ribbons done. You will probably need to do it 8 times, as in 8 different maps. Finishing the pistol ribbons will get you the unlockable revolver.

While doing this, you should unlock the Medic class and possibly even the Engineer. Either way, they're both good places to work on unlockables. By the time you finish pistols you may also notice you have more ammo and more grenades, and if not you should be close. These two unlockables are easily attained through stady gameplay. Much like unlocking the classes, most of the unlocks are had just through playing the game and killing enemies.

The most important unlocks would also include things that make their classes more useful, such as the spot and mark of the sniper class. You can also unlock a longer range scope for your sniper. You will need to kill 5 people while cloaked to get one and snipe 10 people in a map to get the other. Remember you do not get the sniper loadout until you're at or close to general's rank.

Another useful unlock is the flying sentry turret unlocked for the Tactician, which is unlocked just by throwing enough spawn grenades down in a map multiple times. Each class has unlockables that are earned through a variety of objectives. I urge you to look at your stats in Warzone (the online game) in order to see what you must do to attain each medal.

Tactics (or How To Not Run Around Like A Noob)

1) Every team needs a Tactician. If you lost a map, there is a good chance you were spawning from the initial start point more than once. Everytime my team goes 0-7 it is because nobody will play the Tac and toss spawns. Do not be afraid to play the Tac as the m82 is a very good gun and the Air Support will get some kills for you sometimes.

2) Look for the objective symbol. Everytime the gametype changes, the game will give you a very clear symbol on your horizon tell you where to go to complete your next objective. This part is EXTREMELY important, because if that symbol is green and it is right where you are, then you MAY BE THE TARGET OF AN ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT. You should immediately find cover and call for your team to assist you in staying alive if your name is in the box in the top right corner of the screen in green letters. If you are not the target, you should try to protect the target without congregating around him. The best way to defend the target is to not let the other team get near your spawn.

3) Tactically speaking, it is best not to be the squad leader if you are going to snipe or are a medic. Medics are more useful as a squad member because they can spawn and heal the squad leader along with anyone else around. Snipers, for more obvious reasons, are terrible for squad leaders.

***I will be updating and adding to this as needed, hard to remember everything at 7am...lol..so please let me know if I missed anything. I will be posting this at KZ.com and asking them to post it to help the community become more user friendly.
Back to top Go down
https://adultgaming.forumotion.com

The Ultimate Noobs Guide to Killzone 2 Online Multiplayer
Page 1 of 1